1990 LHD Ford Escort XR3 Cabriolet 1.4CVH. 29,050 kms/18156 miles only – only 3 years of use in 32 years!
Finished in stunning Radiant Red with its original black vinyl cabriolet hood and grey hood cover.
With only one owner, the car was bought new in Italy and kept specifically for use on the family’s annual summertime visit to their second home in the Southern Italian province of Isernia. For 28 years, the car was kept in Italy, always garaged safely and quite literally used for one month of every year during this time.
The holiday home was eventually sold in 2018 and the car was bought back to Berkshire, registered, and used sparingly, most of the mileage completed for its annual MOT check.
The service booklet was unfortunately misplaced during the move but there is a signed declaration from the former owner authenticating the mileage and provenance.
- 1.4 CVH engine model (75BHP) – only available in Europe for a short time, 5 speed gearbox
- Engine bay is virtually spotless
- Totally corrosion free, Paintwork exceptional, retaining its depth of colour due to long term indoor dry storage.
- Excellent interior, seat bolsters being firm & retaining their shape, carpets still retain their new ‘sheen’
- Electric front windows, central locking, electric mirrors
- Quality Alpine security release radio cassette with electric aerial – EU specification models didn’t have Ford audio fitted as standard
- Original electric hood in perfect condition, no perishing of rubber seals, hood cover present and in great condition
- 14” Lattice alloy wheels – original finish and virtually unmarked, tyres are all minimum of 6.5mm tread depth
- Underside is in fantastic condition, never being subject to winter usage
- All screws and brackets are free from any corrosion
- Lights all original and unmarked, original spotlights fitted
- Cambelt change and service conducted in January 2022